Sunday, 16 November 2014

Some of My Makeup Bag Staples



Hey there everyone!  Hope you are all doing ok.  Things have been a tad busy over my way recently, but I have managed to squeeze in some time for blogging, woot! Today I would like to share some of the beauty products which I love using.  

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara | $16.95

Rimmel London has become a favourite of mine.  I feel that their products have improved immensely over time in terms of usability and variety.  Rimmel offer a great range of mascaras (many of which I am yet to sample), but since buying Scandaleyes Retro Glam I have not been tempted to try a different mascara.

Scandaleyes applies easily and provides good coverage on the first application.  The hour-glass brush plumps lashes, fanning them out for a wide-eyed look.  Two coats of this mascara gives the impression of falsies as it coats lashes individually with no clumping.  This particular formula is smudge proof but not water resistant, so it can be easily washed off with soap and water.

Australis Lip & Cheek Combo | $10.99

Australis is another brand which has evolved well over time.  I love browsing its makeup display in stores, as there is always something fresh and new to see.  Recently, I ran out of blush and so went on the hunt for a new one.  I prefer creme blushes as opposed to the powder variety, as I feel that creme ones are easier to blend and look more natural.  For some reason, however, it is difficult to find creme blushes where I live.  So, when I spotted Australis' Lip & Cheek Combo, I was really happy.  This particular one is called "Dusk til Dawn".  

I'm not sure if one shade is for the lips and the other for the cheeks, so just interchange each one depending on my mood.  I love how this product is more of a tint than highly-pigmented colour.  This makes application simple, as you can build up the colour to whatever strength you like. I have also tried the shades on my lips and like how they look against my complexion.  

If I had to find something negative about Lip & Cheek Combo, it would be its fragrance.  I find it quite off-putting and wish that Australis had given it a nicer scent, especially since it is to be worn on places near the nose.  Apart from this though, I really like this product.

Bloom Eye Paints | $16.00


Eye shadow is a great way of highlighting your peepers and giving them added depth.  As someone who has particularly oily eyelids, I have always had problems finding eye shadows that don't melt away or crease throughout the day.  Cosmetic experts advise people with oily lids to steer clear of creme formulas and stick to powder shadows.  So, even though I am more drawn to creme eye shadows, I have always used powder ones.  

You can imagine, then, how excited I was when I discovered this little product.  Bloom Eye Paints "are a long wearing cream eye shadow that sets to a smooth powdery finish".  I love that it comes in a tube so you can squeeze however amount you like onto your finger.  True to form, these eye paints are applied as a creme then set to a matte finish, which lasts longer than most creme shadows.  The highly-pigmented formula is easily blended and has a faint shimmer.  Bloom Eye Paints come in a range of different shades, however I feel the chocolate one suits my eye colour and complexion best.  

MAC Blacktrack Fluidline | $32.00


If you are searching for a long-wearing, budge-proof, water-proof gel eyeliner, then look no further than MAC Blacktrack.  What can I say, this is a little miracle in a jar.  No other liquid or gel liner that I have used has come close to this product.  I apply it with a brush from an old liquid liner, but any eyeliner brush would do the job. 

Dot Blacktrack along your top lash line, joining each dot at the end to form a solid black line.  Follow with a flick at the corner of your eye to create the perfect cats-eye.  I also like to smooth a bit of Blacktrack onto my lower waterline for a more defined look.  For a dramatic smoky eye, blend this product over your whole eyelid with an eyeshadow brush then follow with a powder shadow in any dark colour for a long-lasting, gothic effect.

I hope you have enjoyed reading about a few of my beauty must-haves.  I recommend that everyone tries them at least once.  But I just know that you will go back for more!  


post signature

No comments: