Sunday, 26 October 2014

My New Phone | The Nokia Lumia 1320


Hi guys! A few weeks ago, my mobile contract ended and so I decided it was time to also get a new phone.  My old one, a Samsung Galaxy S3 (which I LOVE) had been giving problems lately, so I sadly conceded that it had to be changed.  After a lot of research online, I set my eyes on this big boy -- the Nokia Lumia 1320.  For those who are not yet familiar with this Windows phone, here are some stats for you:
  • 6 inch screen (hello phablet!), with a display resolution of HD720 (1280x720)
  • Dimensions are: H 164.2mm  W 85.9mm  Thickness 9.8mm  Weight  220g
  • Super-sensitive touch screen sensitivity
  • 5MP main camera sensor
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor
  • Battery capacity: 3400 mAh
  • Max standby time: 28 days 
  • Max talk time: 25 hours
  • Max music playback time: 98 hours
  • Max video playback: 9 hours
  • Max internet browsing time: 11.5 hours
  • 8 GB memory with an expandable memory size of 64 GB
Needless to say, there are A LOT of reasons to like this baby.  The main thing that impressed me was its battery.  Having had both Apple and Android phones in the past, I had always had issues with batteries.  Either they didn't provide me with the longevity I needed or they purely played up. Remember how I said my Galaxy S3 was giving problems?  Well, it was its battery -- it would charge extra slowly or not at all sometimes.  And when it did charge fully, the battery depleted in a couple of hours even though I hardly used it. 

Since buying my Nokia, however, I have experienced the complete opposite.  I cannot rave enough about the battery power in this phone! Like most people, I charge my mobile overnight.  In the morning, say around 7am, I unplug it and it is at 100%.  Throughout the day, I use my phone generously with emailing, messaging, taking photos, surfing the web and making phone calls.  By the end of the day, around 10pm, the battery is still at 61%! Amazing!! 

So, what apps do I have on my Nokia? 



Plus others in the Apps Menu...


Windows phones are not difficult to get use to.  Unlike Apple and Android ones, the home screen is made up of live tiles which display the number of notifications on them when you get alerts.  You also have the option of making the tiles transparent if you'd like to set a photo as your wallpaper, as shown on my phone.  Yes, it's Justin Timberlake.  For those of you who know me personally, I know it is so unlike me, but I recently went to his concert and am now kinda in love with him, so stop laughing *giggle giggle* 

If I had to find something negative about the Nokia Lumia 1320, it would have to be the Windows App Store.  Whilst it includes most of the common apps found in the Apple Store and Google Play, there are certain ones that are noticeably absent.  Hopefully, however, Microsoft will improve this feature in the future.

Finding a cover for my new Nokia was also hard.  For whatever reason, none of the places I looked in had any, so I had to shop online.  I bought the cover below for $4 (Woop!) And delivery was free too (Woop!) So, I'm kind of glad I didn't find one in a local store as they are usually at least $20.


All in all, I am very content with my new phone and highly recommend it to anyone thinking of going Windows.  If you have any questions please feel free to ask me!

 photo BlogSignature_zps25af5ec1.jpg

No comments: